In partnership with CBSSports.com
The place for inside information on the Iowa Hawkeyes
The place to discuss general topics outside of Iowa
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
75-64. Next game vs. Maryland in NYC on Tuesday.
Awesome!! Can't wait to watch. Thanks for the update
mkillian247 on twitter..... I say a lot of stuff you wont care about.
Damn, son. You've been engaged a week and you're already at Disney on Ice?
Not sure about the Apple stock, but my brother, the stock broker, upon his recommendation bought me 100 shares.
Congratulations. You guys played harder and smarter than we did. Good young team. Should make some noise next year in the Big 10. I hope you guys beat the hell out of the twerps.
Iowa was fortunate to beat the Cav's on an opponent's court. They are coming along, slowly but surely. Best of luck to you guys next year, blacksburghoo. Good game!
Classy statement. Thanks.
I'm not sure UVA completely showed up tonight. Seemed like a couple of their better players were in a funk all night. Your future is bright as well.
Harris has been in a month long funk, and Mitchel lost his minutes to freshman Tobey. Like I said earlier I hope they match us up in the ACC/B1G challenge next year. Uva is only losing one player and it appears Iowa is returning most of its team as well. Damn Im bummed about this one, even mighty Michigan got blown out in the JPJ last year and yall came in here and got a solid victory here. Beast mode.
This post was edited by Hawkifish 16 months ago
marble is starting to dominate!
Wrestling owns the Olympics
Just finished watching the game. Had to DVR it. Just a few things.
1. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE officiating. It was bad both ways, but I thought Virginia got away with a ton of stuff, especially in the first half. I've never seen a team travel so much without it being called. At one point, before VA had started fouling at the end, Iowa had shot 1 free throw all game. UVA had 16. Iowa didn't attack a ton tonight, but they should have been shooting free throws a couple times. Yes, the officials missed some calls on Iowa too.
2. Iowa shot pretty well from 3 tonight. Hope they can do that again. Woodbury was great most of the night as well.
3. Aaron White was non-existent. Glad the team found other ways to score.
4. I know Harris had an off night, but so did White. And the Anderson kid was out of his mind. Hit like 4 or 5 threes and is a less than 30% shooter on the year. He really kept them in the game in the 1st half. Good young player, although I think alot of people in the ACC will grow to dislike him if he keeps up his antics(notably taunting everyone including the Iowa bench and Fran)
5. Marble has really figured it out. He's not really forcing shots anymore and has found his stroke again. Great way for him to close out this year. Hopefully we have two more to go.
6. Iowa hit free throws to close a game out. Exactly what they needed to do, especially when UVA started extending the game so early.
Great win on the road for the Hawks against a really nice team. UVA has a bright future too.
This post was edited by KCHawk25 16 months ago
Also saw that we shot 100% from the FT line tonight.
I agree with everything you said here. I have never seen such bad officiating and the last time I heard an announcer continually call out the refs like that was Chris Spielman in the bowl game against Florida where we got jobbed by the officials.
Yeah, that Anderson kid had a great game, but he is a punk. Taunting the bench after your first made shot? Get it under control, son, and act like you have made a play before or get back to the playground.
All in all, a great game by our Hawks and it's on to NYC!
Life is hard. It's really hard if you're stupid.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports